Over the last few weeks I have been getting the same question: What can I do to help LANSU? I cannot begin to express my gratitude to those who have sought me out and respond to my last post. I think people are beginning to understand how seriously I am taking this and how important it is that we really being to network as alumni
Before I get into the specifics, I want to just tell you what we have been doing. First, we have been working on our brand. The website is currently being updated so that it can be a hub of information for all you. Our social media outlets have been more active. There have been more tweets, more Facebook posts, and more members added to out Linkedin page.
Behind the scenes, we are coming up with a new ways on how to be more interactive with alumni and setting goals so this organization can really do what it was meant to do, creating a bridge between student and alumni.
This may not seem much at the moment, but we are passionate about the future and as we look at CBT in 2014, I think we can really open some eyes as to what the purpose of LANSU really is. I just need you to help us get there.
So how can you help?
- Join our Listserv. We will have updates that you may miss from other social media outlets. More importantly, this gives us a way to contact you when we need to enlist folks to helps us on certain projects.
- Give us suggestions on what you would like to see from LANSU. This is not a one way street. We need to know our alumni want before we can be use.
- Spread the word about us. There are still many alums who do not know we exist. We have so many forums to get out name out there but nothing is more powerful than the word of mouth.
- Let us know if you have an event or an announcement that you fellow alums to know about. We will be happy to help you toot your horn or spread the word on an event.
- Join our Linkedin page and be active. Understand the networking is very important to our younger alumni and current students.
- Give us a shout out on Twitter. We would love to hear from you.
- Give to the LANSU Scholarship Fund. Giving something is better than giving nothing when you consider that you are helping out student in need.
Thank you all for your continued support and encouragement. Stayed tuned for updates. I have faith that we can strive as Alumni.