DATE: October 6, 2011
POSITION: Coordinator, Business Communications & Social Media
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director of Communications
STATUS: Full-time, Regular
This position is responsible for executing and assisting in the development of strategic internal and external communications for the Pittsburgh Pirates business and community initiatives. This position is also responsible for executing innovative social media communication strategies and supplying editorial content for various Pirates publications. The incumbent must have confidence in dealing with the members of the media, as well as willingness to take initiative and assume activities associated with communicating the Pirates organization’s key messages.
* Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or equivalent.
* 2 years of public relations or relevant industry experience.
* 1 year experience implementing social media strategies.
* 1 year event execution experience.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.)
* PR agency or corporate communications experience.
* Develop, execute and assist sales department in Season Ticket Holder communication initiatives, including new business letters.
* Strategically implement communication and sales initiatives on social and digital media outlets, including the club’s Twitter and Facebook accounts and pirates.com.
* Assist in the editorial process for publication, including First Pitch Magazine.
* Assist in the Pirates.com editorial process, including content and news alerts.
* Responsible for writing press releases and media advisories to promote sales programs, community events and other non-baseball related issues.
* Responsible for coordinating, or assisting the Senior Director in carrying out non-baseball interviews and events at PNC Park and/or involving the Pittsburgh Pirates including: player/front office personnel interviews at community events, press conferences and special media requests.
* Responsible for assembling and writing community-related notes to be included in the in-season daily game notes.
* Daily media monitoring of local broadcast news.
* Responsible for handling daily non-baseball related interview requests.
* Assist in the coordination of baseball related media requests.
* Assist media relations department in all game day duties when needed.
* Assist in the execution of charitable and community programs and events.
[h/t to Nicki Mayo]